• WTB / WTS / WTT ADS
    All Advertisements, including Want to Buy, Want to Sell, Want to Trade, Belong in the MARKETPLACE ONLY. Any new threads posted offering an item for sale, looking to trade or buy an item which are posted outside of Marketplace will be deleted without notice or warning. Existing threads will be moved to marketplace.
  • Marketplace Feedback Ratings
    The Marketplace feedback ratings system is now back. You can now leave feedback for your Buy / Sell / Trade transactions. Instructions on how to leave feedback ratings can be found HERE

Another Day at the office

NFADLR

FALaholic #
Location thats the question▽ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ ¿?
Would join ya but other obligations have me stuck here until I get the 1973 Sanger out of the barn.

Last time I was at least in the area but only McKenna Wash not enough time to get as far east as the meetup was.

One day will get there.

Yeah, much better than having to bore a block, the Cat liners are usually an easy pull job.
My overhaul kit is at least a week out, so I'm going to take a week off and go to the fall shoot.

C-ya

One day at a time...
Contributor
FALaholic #
I almost hate doing the yearly oil change in my VW TDI more than gear oil changes. I did the transfer case and rear diff in my wife and daughter's SUVs. Even with the smell, I think it's not as bad. That used diesel oil, tho... Blacker than sin and gets everywhere. I also do the fuel filter so I get diesel all over my hands as well. Two-fer!

12v71

Silver Contributor
FALaholic #
Bore still showing some crosshatching. Something got in there? Busted ring(s)?
Larry
Yup, broken top compression ring. otherwise not bad for close to 800K miles. The rod bearings showed some wear. It was just time for an overhaul anyway. Camshaft had some serious wear too.