• WTB / WTS / WTT ADS
    All Advertisements, including Want to Buy, Want to Sell, Want to Trade, Belong in the MARKETPLACE ONLY. Any new threads posted offering an item for sale, looking to trade or buy an item which are posted outside of Marketplace will be deleted without notice or warning. Existing threads will be moved to marketplace.
  • Marketplace Feedback Ratings
    The Marketplace feedback ratings system is now back. You can now leave feedback for your Buy / Sell / Trade transactions. Instructions on how to leave feedback ratings can be found HERE

AC 41 K98K price check

Namibia

FALaholic #
Do you guys think the 1050 the pawn shop wants is good for this? I think I'd be able to talk them down to 1000 in any case. AR 41 K98K. The stock, receiver and barrel match, I need to go back and check if the other parts do as wall. Thank you in advance

Attachments:

K. Funk

Retired Metallurgist
Platinum Contributor
FALaholic #
The blued butt plate and the number stamped into the stock would be a deal breaker for me, too much alteration. The stock is not "matching", it is force-matched. AR 41 is not a particularly rare code. Can't see the bolt. Looks like a Russian capture or a put-together. In my opinion, $1050 is too much. Others may disagree.

krf

tobinb

Bronze Contributor
FALaholic #
A Russian Capture will often have a small square stamp on the side of the buttstock with a diagonal through it. And yes, the number stamped on the stock is atypical.

Namibia

FALaholic #
By peened do you mean defaced? If so, no they were intact. There was no X on the receiver either and the bolt appeared to have no numbers on it. I didn't notice if there was a square stamp on the stock. The shop appears to have a new woman manager who won't budge on the price either so I'm passing on it, but I still like hearing what you guys think about it for educational purposes. I don't know nearly as much about these as I do Mosins.

TerryN

FALaholic #
By peened do you mean defaced? If so, no they were intact. There was no X on the receiver either and the bolt appeared to have no numbers on it. I didn't notice if there was a square stamp on the stock. The shop appears to have a new woman manager who won't budge on the price either so I'm passing on it, but I still like hearing what you guys think about it for educational purposes. I don't know nearly as much about these as I do Mosins.
Yes, defaced. Frequently the swastika in the eagle's claws will be punched with a center punch.

gew98

FALaholic #
away from taxation without representation , Kentuc
Do you guys think the 1050 the pawn shop wants is good for this? I think I'd be able to talk them down to 1000 in any case. AR 41 K98K. The stock, receiver and barrel match, I need to go back and check if the other parts do as wall. Thank you in advance
No , not worth it. Its a post war russki refurb.

hansellhd

FALaholic #

Russian capture K98k from 1996 retail vendor. Only matching parts are barrel and receiver. Purdy, yeah...but not particularly desireable and not worth a kilobuck.
That's a nice looking cleaned up RC. I see some RC's being sold for 1K with no problems at all. Depends on the Code and condition.

pmf

FALaholic #
I sold a Russian capture K98 a few years ago for $600. The Nazi symbols were all intact. It was a nice looking rifle for a Russian capture, but I never shot it.

RON K.

FALaholic #
restored sold a few years back 1800 at the time really nobody wanted it.And since i was moving out my German collection that was to go also. sold the high turret sniper to some guy in Illinois.i know Tiffany, Legacy, AND A BUNCH MORE OUT THERE.IT WAS ALL FUN..UNTIL THE CHASE BECOMES NO FUN.fOR THAT RIFLE PASS ON IT...something better will always come along.
img_3451_4.jpg
img_3469_4.jpg
img_3462_4.jpg
Right-folded.jpg

hansellhd

FALaholic #
restored sold a few years back 1800 at the time really nobody wanted it.And since i was moving out my German collection that was to go also. sold the high turret sniper to some guy in Illinois.i know Tiffany, Legacy, AND A BUNCH MORE OUT THERE.IT WAS ALL FUN..UNTIL THE CHASE BECOMES NO FUN.fOR THAT RIFLE PASS ON IT...something better will always come along. View attachment 417379 View attachment 417380 View attachment 417382 View attachment 417383
Nice to see you are still around Ron, It's Dave from the old G/K43 forum. BTW that K98 looks like a Mitchells Mauser.

Do you still have one of these..................;)

No I'm never going to sell it.

RON K.

FALaholic #
Dave that was one that was restored from some german fella,{not a Mitchell} and sold to Legacy. i did sell a few items to them but bought a heck of a lot more. Glad you are still hanging in with the goods. i miss some of those old forums. i think i am still a member of many yet. but don't visit too much.I do miss the good tales and comments from the old days.

sadly some of the old old timers are gone.I sold my last 2 MP-44s TO A BUDDY ON THE EAST COAST.i MISS EVERY ONE OF THOSE GUNS. including all my MP40'S...GLAD YOU ARE HERE...when i came back forgot i was here from 2006,time races by us.Take Care, RON
soldiers_war_nazi_world_war_ii_wehrmacht_waffen_ss_stg_44_1920x1080_wallpaper_Wallpaper_1920x1...jpg