• WTB / WTS / WTT ADS
    All Advertisements, including Want to Buy, Want to Sell, Want to Trade, Belong in the MARKETPLACE ONLY. Any new threads posted offering an item for sale, looking to trade or buy an item which are posted outside of Marketplace will be deleted without notice or warning. Existing threads will be moved to marketplace.
  • Marketplace Feedback Ratings
    The Marketplace feedback ratings system is now back. You can now leave feedback for your Buy / Sell / Trade transactions. Instructions on how to leave feedback ratings can be found HERE

.308 Cans

The Chief

Farkën Snêekee Bastïtch
Silver Contributor
FALaholic #
Have an OSS IFM3 can (older gen, circa 2016), hearing safe on both semi and bolt guns, and looks cool as shit, to boot. Would sell actually, excess to my needs. Please PM if interested...

gunplumber

Arrogant Bastard
Gold Contributor
FALaholic #
I run AAC 762SDN on my SCARs and they are great. But with them being bought by Remington and Remington going BR I can't recommend them until the dust settles and they are back in production.

Buddy runs a YH on his SCAR and just picked up a YH multical which I found rather impressive (can handle full auto pistol or "limited" full auto rifle calibers. Unlike my shitty Surefire Ryder which isn't quiet at all.

Thorack

Acquisition Corp Dude
Bronze Contributor
FALaholic #
Well,

I know Light Infantry companies were issuing Surefire 5.56 suppressors in OIF V. I never understood it as they were no subsonic 5.56 ammo or rifles made for subsonic 5.56 issued or on our MTOE. I assume there is some sound suppression of supersonic ammo, but I also assume its not hearing safe, not that it matters on the 2 way shooting range. How much noise reduction/location ID does shooting a suppressed rifle with supersonic ammo help alleviate?

That said I'd like a .30 suppressor for my .300 BLK Pistol. Any suppressors made specifically for .300 BLK pistols, (8 Inch barrel)?

Thorack

The Chief

Farkën Snêekee Bastïtch
Silver Contributor
FALaholic #
... I assume there is some sound suppression of supersonic ammo, but I also assume its not hearing safe, not that it matters on the 2 way shooting range. How much noise reduction/location ID does shooting a suppressed rifle with supersonic ammo help alleviate?

I've also got the OSS Elite556, and it's very hearing safe, even on the ol' Tavor 556 conversion. Blast off with the IWI 77gr stuff and it's as comfortable as you could ask for with no EP.

ETA - another OSS plug -- I run full power 338LM 300gr rounds thru the Desert Tech SRS (26" barrel bullpup) thru an OSS Helix Mag can, also hearing safe from behind the trigger... tames recoil a bit, too

W.E.G.

FAL Files Administrator
Gold Contributor
FALaholic #
Allen Engineering AE30 on my 783.

VERY quiet.

A full case of Trail Boss with any bullet is so quiet you will be checking the bore to make sure it exited.

16" barrel on the Remington - muzzle goes up into the suppressor a ways - ass end of suppressor butts against seating collar on this rifle.

IMG_0389.jpg

W.E.G.

FAL Files Administrator
Gold Contributor
FALaholic #
I "made" a suppressor specifically for my 300BLK pistol on a Form 1.

Heavy duty little fucker. And heavy.
About as quiet as you would expect for an 8.5" .30 caliber barrel that's blowing lots of noise out the ejection port on every shot.
Subsonics are "hearing-safe" for the most part, but the gun makes a fair share of racket. You won't sneak up on anything if you are blasting away with this - even with subsonics.

Direct-thread - threads glued with Rocksett.

Liked it so much, I made another in 5.56 on a 10.5" SBR.
SBR 5.56 looks the same, except has Magpul UBR buttstock on it instead of the pistol brace.
You can't make 5.56 quiet. So leave your muffs on. But if you have to fire a few shots without muffs, you probably aren't going to have severe permanent hearing damage. And it suppresses the flash very well with most ammo.

Quietbore

300 Blackout with suppressor - right side.jpg

W.E.G.

FAL Files Administrator
Gold Contributor
FALaholic #
And Big Thumper.

DPMS LR-308-T with Energetic Arms VOX-S

Small profile, lightweight, and effective.
A supersonic .308 bullet is still quite loud coming out of this gun. But the suppressor makes a big difference in blastiness. This rifle is very mild for the breed.

I was going to install the VOX-S on the 300BLK gun. But I was so impressed with the way the DPMS gun handled with it, I'm keeping it on the DPMS.

This is 100% my GO-TO-HELL rifle above all the rest.
Overall length is about the same as a Garand. Even a little shorter - even with the UBR stock fully extended.
AR15 "National Match" version thrown in there for comparison purposes on lower pic.

DPMS LR-308-T with suppressor - right side.jpg

comparison to Garand and AR15.jpg

W.E.G.

FAL Files Administrator
Gold Contributor
FALaholic #
Well,

I know Light Infantry companies were issuing Surefire 5.56 suppressors in OIF V. I never understood it as they were no subsonic 5.56 ammo or rifles made for subsonic 5.56 issued or on our MTOE. I assume there is some sound suppression of supersonic ammo, but I also assume its not hearing safe, not that it matters on the 2 way shooting range. How much noise reduction/location ID does shooting a suppressed rifle with supersonic ammo help alleviate?

That said I'd like a .30 suppressor for my .300 BLK Pistol. Any suppressors made specifically for .300 BLK pistols, (8 Inch barrel)?

Thorack
Important function is FLASH suppression.

A can on 5.56 in confined spaces takes the noise down from "absolutely unbearable and disorienting" to merely "very loud and distracting."
And without blinding muzzle-flash.
Shoot a 14.5" in low light, and you'll see what I mean about the muzzle-flash being really a problem.

tac-40

Moderator, Armed Curmudgeon
Staff member
FALaholic #
I run a Griffin Armament .30 cal can on my big bores. Change out the muzzle caps for .22 cal. Very hearing safe on the bolt guns, but still quite loud on the AR 10 since that gas is exiting the ports on the bolt. So I still use ear pro for that rifle. Not bad on the SCAR though since the gas ports are farther forward and the gas is suppressor adjustable.