Notices

Old December 13, 2013, 18:39   #1
Peconga
Registered

FALaholic #: 1881
WTS: Mauser 98 Parker-Hale M82 Heavy Target Barrel 7.62x51 .308

< Sold >

DESCRIPTION
Offering for sale a Parker-Hale M82 Heavy Target Barrel in caliber 7.62x51 aka .308 Winchester. Threads are for standard Mauser 98 large ring so will fit many different actions. Length is 26.0" with an untapered 0.875" straight profile, 4-groove bore with 1:12" twist, and recessed target crown. Hammer-forged on the same machinery used for the legendary M84 and M85 sniper rifles.

Lightly used take-off barrel in excellent condition. British markings over the chamber, and two holes drilled and tapped on the muzzle end for a target front sight. Beautiful bore, chamber, throat, and muzzle crown are all excellent condition. Exterior is 98% arsenal black paint over Parkerizing typical of British military rifles.

PURCHASE
Price is $175 including shipping. First one to post here with an unconditional "I'll Take It" followed by a PM to the Seller wins the prize. Payment by US Postal Money Order only, no PayPal. Item is cross-posted on other collector forums. See Terms and Conditions below for details.

ABOUT ME
I am a private collector who has been using the same alias ("Peconga") for years on many different gun collector forums and auction sites (including Gunbroker, Auctionarms, eBay) all with 100% positive feedback. Feel free to check my feedback for yourself.

TERMS & CONDITIONS
1. The first unconditional "I'll Take This Item" posted on this Forum trumps all conditional postings, PMs, and email messages. Time stamp of posting will determine buyer's precedence in the event of dispute.
2. Posting "I'll Take This Item" must be followed within TWO (2) HOURS by a PM or email with your full name, address and email address to confirm.
3. If you have questions, please send me a PM or email, however this does not put you first in line for the item(s).
4. Payment by U.S. Postal Money Order or cash. No PayPal or money orders from any other source (Western Union, Walmart, etc).
5. Payment must be received within seven (7) days, or the item will be re-listed for sale and a pox will be visited upon your tribe.
6. All items will be shipped by USPS Priority Mail or UPS Ground service within three (3) business days of receipt of payment.
7. All items are sold in "As Is" condition. All sales are final, no returns or refunds. No guarantees expressed or implied.
(That's enough fine print for one day...) ;-)

Last edited by Peconga; January 24, 2014 at 16:48.
Peconga is online now   Reply With Quote
Old December 13, 2013, 22:08   #2
acpat
Registered

FALaholic #: 61978
these were the best parker hale could make as they were used in british target rifles to represent England. Most of these were never used due to receiver issues and are new or like new. I have used these to build multiple 98's and all shot stellar. free bump for a nice nice part good luck with your sale
acpat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 13, 2013, 22:21   #3
4x401
Full time drunken Asshole
Silver Contributor

FALaholic #: 31978
Interested....
But knowing the actual barrel thread Pitch would be helpful.
Old December 13, 2013, 23:27   #4
HighRatMaster
Registered
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 19296
I have one of these, it threaded in to a Vz24 perfectly. Hope this helps.

It doesn't matter what you miss them with.

"You in or out?" "I'll take his legs."
HighRatMaster is online now   Reply With Quote
Old December 13, 2013, 23:36   #5
Peconga
Registered

FALaholic #: 1881
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x401 View Post
Interested....
But knowing the actual barrel thread Pitch would be helpful.
Barrel threads are standard Mauser 98 Large Ring i.e. 1.10" OD 12V TPI, threaded shank is 0.625" long. I have test-fit this barrel into at least a half dozen different Mauser 98 Large Ring receivers, and it screws into all of them smoothly.

No idea if the threads are cut with a 55-degree or a 60-degree pitch, and have no way to measure it. IMHO that issue has been beat to death over the years, and from my experience with Mausers is irrelevant in practice.

"Do the best you can, with what you have, where you are." Teddy Roosevelt
Peconga is online now   Reply With Quote